The St. Lucia Teachers’ Credit Co-operative Ltd (SLTCC) warmly welcomes all members of the teaching profession back to school and wish all a very successful 2017-2018 Academic Year.
The SLTCC was again the host of another successful annual Depositors’ Camp in July. For the first time, the camp was held simultaneously in the North and the South. The SLTCC would like to thank all the volunteers for giving their time and effort to help promote the work of the SLTCC.
We are also pleased to inform of another successful bursary distribution in 2017. This event is scheduled to take place annually on the third Thursday in July. Members with children who were successful in the common entrance exam received a onetime bursary of $400.
Members are encouraged to continue signing up and utilizing the online banking facility. Please make arrangements for this facility if you are yet to do so.
In an effort to continue to meet the many needs of its members, the SLTCC will work closely with contact persons and school thrift teachers at the schools. In that regard, we thank them for supporting teachers and students and look forward to strengthening the vital link that connects members, the school thrift and depositors to SLTCC.
We all look forward to our AGM in the new term, as well as the observance of Financial Literacy Month in October.
We look forward to your continued support and involvement in all our upcoming activities.
Depositors’ Summer Camp
- Depositors’ summer camp runs from Wednesday July 19th to Tuesday July 25th, 2017. Participants must be between the ages of 6-15 years and must be a depositor of the SLTCC. Registration fee is $30.00 and the deadline for registration is Friday 7th July, 2017
- Vendor's letter (letter indicating intent to sell) if loan is to purchase vehicle
- Valuation Report
- Pro forma Invoice which must bear chassis and engine numbers.
- Open Bill from an Insurance company to comprehensively insure the vehicle and assign to the Credit Union
- You will be instructed to sign a Bill of Sale with a reputable lawyer. This gives the Credit Union authority to register a lien against your motor vehicle.
- NB. The value of the security (motor vehicle) will be prorated as follows:
Age of the Vehicle % of Value Repayment Period
New Vehicle 95% 7-8 years
1-4 years 65% 5-6 years
5-6 years 55% 3-4 years
The Society will accept a Bill of Sale on household items that are uniquely identifiable by a serial number.Acceptable items include but are not limited to refrigerators, stoves, televisions, washing machines and sewing machines that are not more than three (3) years old. All items over one year old must be revalued. All items must be insured. The Society reserves the right to visit member to view items.