The St. Lucia Teachers’ Credit Co-operative Ltd (SLTCC) warmly welcomes all members of the teaching profession back to school and wish all a very successful 2017-2018 Academic Year.
The SLTCC was again the host of another successful annual Depositors’ Camp in July. For the first time, the camp was held simultaneously in the North and the South. The SLTCC would like to thank all the volunteers for giving their time and effort to help promote the work of the SLTCC.
We are also pleased to inform of another successful bursary distribution in 2017. This event is scheduled to take place annually on the third Thursday in July. Members with children who were successful in the common entrance exam received a onetime bursary of $400.
Members are encouraged to continue signing up and utilizing the online banking facility. Please make arrangements for this facility if you are yet to do so.
In an effort to continue to meet the many needs of its members, the SLTCC will work closely with contact persons and school thrift teachers at the schools. In that regard, we thank them for supporting teachers and students and look forward to strengthening the vital link that connects members, the school thrift and depositors to SLTCC.
We all look forward to our AGM in the new term, as well as the observance of Financial Literacy Month in October.
We look forward to your continued support and involvement in all our upcoming activities.
Depositors’ Summer Camp
- Depositors’ summer camp runs from Wednesday July 19th to Tuesday July 25th, 2017. Participants must be between the ages of 6-15 years and must be a depositor of the SLTCC. Registration fee is $30.00 and the deadline for registration is Friday 7th July, 2017
The Core values are the principles that under gird the operations of an organization. From the discussion at the stakeholders retreat and based on the principles and philosophy of credit unionism, the following have been captures as the core values of the SLTCC:
- Integrity of character
- Adherence to the principles and philosophy of co-operativism, which emphasizes collective ownership and democratice control
- Protection of members' shares and deposits
- Accessibility of services and sharing of benefits by all members
- Accountability and transparency in operations
- Responsibility in business dealings
- Cost effectiveness in operations
Based on the analysis of the results of the stakeholders' retreat and the management and operational audit of the SLTCC, the following have been identified as the strategic objectives to be pursued by the society during the planned period
- To lobby for legislative, regulatory and policies changes that benefit the sector
- To consolidate membership of the Credit Union and ensure sustainable growth in membership and assets
- To expand member benefits and client services
- To work closely with government and the movement for improvements in training, research and micro lending practices in Saint Lucia
- To nurture a cadre of secondary leadership for the Credit Union
- To improve information dissemination and communication among members and clients
- To mobilize members for active participation in all Credit Union activities
- To establish policies and procedures for ensuring financial viability and operational effectiveness
- To ensure competitive returns to members on their shares and deposits in the credit union
- To enhance institutional capacity
- To ensure greater accessibility to the services of the Credit Union